Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

27 Weeks

So, I started on my 26 Weeks post last week, and forgot to finish. Oops!

Today is super special though, because I am officially in the third trimester! Woohoo!! 2/3 of the way to the finish line. I can't wait to meet her. I **think** I have settled on the name Haley Grace. I need to start calling her Haley, that will probably help me come around to actually call her by that name. 

What's up with Baby Pitt Haley:
  • Brain wave activity measured in a developing fetus at this stage shows different sleep cycles, including dreaming! What could she possibly dream about? 
  • Baby now measures 16 inches from head to heels.
  • Weighs about 2 1/2 pounds. 
  • She can now blink her eyes, cough, more intense sucking, and better breathing. 
  • I can't tell if she is mad at me for something I ate and is beating me for it, or if she is happily dancing away, especially on my bladder! I'll take the latter :-) She has been one active little babe. 
How I've been feeling:
  • I haven't had much heartburn in the past couple of weeks. I am glad I have had a break in that department. There were times I felt like I could breathe fire! 
  • My body is very sore. Anytime I move, even while sitting, my back cracks and seems very stiff. I've tried stretching more and even a little bit of yoga, but it doesn't seem to help all that much. 
  • I have been feeling extremely fatigued and like I'm in a "fog". I can't think clearly, and my attention span is pretty much non-existent. 
What We Have Left to Buy:
  • Clothes size 3-6 months and up
  • Diapers size 3 and up
  • Wipes
  • Accessories for her room (baskets to store diaper changing essentials on her dresser, closet organizer, dirty clothes hamper, and decorations)
  • A minivan. No, seriously. Our little Kia Sportage is not going to cut it with 2 babes in car seats. I could barely get the double stroller in it, let alone anything else that would need to go in the trunk. 
Our wonderful friend Elizabeth gave us a HUGE box full of clothes! We are now all stocked up on newborn-0-3 months!! 

These are all the clothes we got from Elizabeth!

I scored a great deal last week on a double stroller off of Craigslist for $80, orginally $275. It is pretty used, but it is still in good condition. I'll take a few scuff marks on it to save that much money! 
Joey loves the new stroller!

Joe picked up a dresser/changing table off of Craigslist today for $30! I am so excited to be able to cross that off the list of things to have buy before she gets here. I can't wait to put all the little clothes in there that we have so far for her (mostly thanks to Elizabeth!). Now we just have to pick out a paint color for the crib we're sanding that matches the dresser since it's already white. Oh and a paint color for the walls... 

Not a great picture, sorry! 

Despite Joe and I having a head cold this weekend, we've managed to get a lot done! I made 4 Christmas gifts that turned out great. I don't want to post pictures yet, but I will after Christmas. Don't want to ruin the surprise! 

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! 

-Laura 


No comments:

Post a Comment