Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

37 Weeks!

Hayley is now full term! We are getting so close, I wonder when she'll make her appearance?! 

I had a wonderful time at my baby shower! We got lots of great clothes and essentials for Hayley. I enjoyed seeing family and friends and celebrating Hayley with them! It is such a blessing to know how many people love her. 

We FINALLY got Hayley's dresser done! It took a few more coats of paint than we expected.  I shouldn't say it's done, we still have to refinish the hardware, put the mirror back on the front cabinet door, and get the shelves from my mom. But the hardest part IS done! Joe borrowed a paint gun from a friend which sped up the painting process in the end. We're going to buy one and redo some furniture around the house! 


What's Going On With Hayley Grace:
  • Hayley is now gaining about a half a pound a week, and at this point weighs about 6 1/2 pounds and measuring at just over 19 inches. 
  • If labor starts now, nothing will be done to stop her making her entrance! She is now considered full term. 
  • Practicing using her lungs by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, sucking her thumb, turning from side to side, and blinking are all things she could be doing in there. 
What's Going On With Momma:
  • Still making plenty of trips to the bathroom at night. Even when I try to monitor how much I drink after 7pm, I am still up and down all night. 
  • Heartburn is still irritating me!! I hope that means she'll have a head full of hair! 
  • I had a few Braxton Hicks contractions last night that were a little more painful and noticeable than usual. A sign that the end is near! 
To Do List For This Week:
  • Pack hospital bag and Joey's bag for when he stays with his MomMom while we're in the hospital. 
  • Finish Hayley's room. Still need to hang all wall decorations and organize! 
  • Make Hayley's baby blanket. 
  • Make a car seat canopy since the weather will likely be chilly when she is born. 
  • CLEAN every inch of this house! 
  • Take swing and chair down from attic, clean, and set up. Thankfully we saved all of the big gear that we purchased for Joey so we didn't have to buy that this time around. 
I'm sure there are some things I am missing from this list. Now I have to get to work! 

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment