Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rant Time

I feel beat. Exhausted, sore, and at the end of my rope. I'm trying so hard to be as patient as possible. Not only when it comes to waiting for Hayley, but other areas of life as well. 

My online business isn't taking off like I had hoped. I understand it takes a while, but Deena and I opened our store on Etsy last summer. While I'm happy that other moms are able to succeed, I am a bit jealous. It's depressing to think that I had such high hopes and am having little (ok, ZERO) return. I've been doing all kinds of marketing online. Trying new things, adding new products, getting involved in work at home mom groups on Facebook. I'm ready to just throw in the towel and call it quits. Sometimes I feel that my friends and family don't care or want to see me succeed. It really hurts when they'll share a major corporation or business' post on Facebook, but when it comes to me, it feels like they're embarrassed to have it up on their wall. I just don't get it :-( I'm sure I read into it too far, but it's hard not to. 

I would love to be able to contribute to our household other than just feeling like a maid and a nanny. If I go back to work, most (if not all) of my paycheck will go to paying for daycare, gas, clothing and upkeep expenses, etc. Which leaves me saying, "What is the point?" I know I'll go back to work once the kids are in school. 

Just feeling a little down in the dumps today. If you've read this depressing post, thank you and I'm sorry :-)

-Laura 

2 comments:

  1. As an experienced WAHM, its taken me the last 3 years to build up my business. Don't get too discouraged, its normal. Add me on Facebook (Kae McCarthy) and we can chat more about it and things to grow your business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kae!
      Thank you so much for the encouragement. Didn't realize I had already liked your business page on Facebook, you have some great stuff! I'm sure you understand the frustrations that come along with getting a business started (and actually make it successful!)
      I look forward to talking more with you, I just sent you a friend request :)
      -Laura

      Delete