A lot of hard work went into creating this nursery from scratch. From picking out the fabric, finding tutorials online that were easy to follow, a few broken needles on the sewing machine, and even a few tears. It is finally complete and I couldn't be more excited! Well, if Hayley were in here I think that would be the ultimate amount of excitement... But we're waiting
Dresser on the left is made by Delta, we picked it up off Craigslist in great condition for $30!
Area rug is made by Urban Outfitters, ordered it online for about $60.
Close-up of the picture my Sister is letting me use. She had it in her daughters rooms when they were growing up, and I am so happy that she wanted me to hang it up in Hayley's room <3
Please excuse the clutter in the corner! We have since changed out the silver lamp and taken out the floor lamp. Joe is in the process of sanding and painting a new nightstand that matches the white dresser from my childhood.
Mental Note: Replace with updated picture...
Handpainted wall letters from Michael's, I need to iron her crib skirt...
Bedding I made using Kumari Garden fabrics (www.fabric.com), and a beautiful crocheted blanket from Florida MomMom for Miss Hayley.
This is the dresser I used as a child. Before we got our hands on it, it was a birch (light colored) hardwood piece. Joe and I sanded it down and painted it with a few coats of Interior Latex Paint in a semigloss finish (I definitely recommend using a paint gun for projects this big!) It turned out wonderful! I am so happy Hayley will be able to use this for years to come.
View from the door. I can't wait to see Hayley Grace sound asleep in her crib.
Chandelier from IKEA, $50. I made the chain cover out of a pink silk fabric, attached it using velcro. Made it 3 times the length of the chain (about 24 inches) in order to give it that scrunchy look.
I would eventually like to mix in some picture frames along this wall of Hayley. This will be a work in progress for many years to come! I made the bow holder using an art canvas, fabric, and ribbons. The staple gun was my BFF for this project.
Thanks for touring Hayley's nursery! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do.