Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Tour Of Hayley Grace's Nursery

A lot of hard work went into creating this nursery from scratch. From picking out the fabric, finding tutorials online that were easy to follow, a few broken needles on the sewing machine, and even a few tears. It is finally complete and I couldn't be more excited! Well, if Hayley were in here I think that would be the ultimate amount of excitement... But we're waiting patiently!

Dresser on the left is made by Delta, we picked it up off Craigslist in great condition for $30!
Area rug is made by Urban Outfitters, ordered it online for about $60. 

Close-up of the picture my Sister is letting me use. She had it in her daughters rooms when they were growing up, and I am so happy that she wanted me to hang it up in Hayley's room <3

Please excuse the clutter in the corner! We have since changed out the silver lamp and taken out the floor lamp. Joe is in the process of sanding and painting a new nightstand that matches the white dresser from my childhood. 
Mental Note: Replace with updated picture...

Handpainted wall letters from Michael's, I need to iron her crib skirt...

Bedding I made using Kumari Garden fabrics (www.fabric.com), and a beautiful crocheted blanket from Florida MomMom for Miss Hayley.

This is the dresser I used as a child. Before we got our hands on it, it was a birch (light colored) hardwood piece. Joe and I sanded it down and painted it with a few coats of Interior Latex Paint in a semigloss finish (I definitely recommend using a paint gun for projects this big!) It turned out wonderful! I am so happy Hayley will be able to use this for years to come. 

View from the door. I can't wait to see Hayley Grace sound asleep in her crib.

Chandelier from IKEA, $50. I made the chain cover out of a pink silk fabric, attached it using velcro. Made it 3 times the length of the chain (about 24 inches) in order to give it that scrunchy look. 

I would eventually like to mix in some picture frames along this wall of Hayley. This will be a work in progress for many years to come! I made the bow holder using an art canvas, fabric, and ribbons. The staple gun was my BFF for this project. 

Thanks for touring Hayley's nursery! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do. 

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment