Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Cloth Diapering

Joe and I have decided to try cloth diapering Hayley! I am so excited and have been looking for deals on them everywhere! They are so cute nowadays, definitely not what I would have expected when I thought of cloth diapers. 

I have to admit I was terrified and put off by the thought of cloth diapering before a couple of friends taught me the ins and outs of cloth diapering. I am so thankful they did! It will be so much easier and much less "disgusting" than I had expected :-P

There is so much to learn! Some days I study cloth diapering until my brain feels like it cannot handle any more information. The cloth diapering lingo in itself is hard to handle, but makes understanding what other bloggers or websites are saying so much easier! 

So far, I have ordered 5 Econobum covers without inserts, and I bought one brand new Bumgenius 4.0 from a mom for $10 that was brand new in the packaging! They usually retail for $18, so I was thrilled to get a brand new one for almost half off (once you figure in taxes and such). 


Econobums cover with "Ribbit" trim

Bumgenius 4.0 in Blossom

Seriously, how cute are they?!? 

We are hoping to be able to save a TON of money by doing this, and also reduce our negative impact on the environment by using disposables. 

Hopefully I'll be able to include our adventures with cloth diapering into my blog once Hayley gets here. Maybe some reviews, most/least favorite products, etc. 

Have a Great Weekend! 
-Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment