Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

25 Weeks


What's up with Baby Pitt:
  • 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy! Time is flying by. Hopefully we'll have everything ready for her arrival!
  • Baby now measures 13 1/2 inches from head to heels.
  • Weighs about 1 1/2 pounds. 
  • Baby is growing more hair; maybe why I have had terrible heartburn?!
  • Her eyes are starting to open now that the retina is developed. Not too much to see in there though! 
  • She has been kicking up a storm. Especially when I lay down to go to sleep or when I eat something sweet :-) 
How I've been feeling:
  • Heartburn! I hate it! When I was pregnant with Joey I had it, but I don't remember it starting this early. 
  • My body is SO sore. My lower back feels like it it stretching so much it's going to pull apart.
  • Sciatica has subsided for now. Yippee! i know it'll be back with a vengeance soon...
  • Some days I forget I'm even pregnant. That won't be the case too much longer! 
Yesterday, Joe started sanding the crib we picked up on Craigslist for FREE! It is in good used condition, but it is dark brown and we want white furniture for our little girls room. He also started going through the closets in the nursery that we have been using for storage. I am so relieved to feel like we are making progress! We still have a loooong way to go and lots more to buy before she gets here, but I am oh so thankful to have a supportive husband to help me along the way.

I hope I'll be able to make the bumper for the crib this week. Maybe even the crib skirt if I have the energy! I can't wait to see the finished product. It has been such a fun and rewarding project to make her bedding myself. 

What we have left to buy:
  • Clothes in all sizes up to 2T. I bought ahead for Joey and it has helped so much. 
  • Diapers size 2 and up.
  • Double stroller.
  • Changing table/dresser combo.
  • Convertible car seat.
I am sure there is probably 25 things I need to add to that super short list. But those are the big things that we need to focus on. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment